Next Public Class:
Wednesdays, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
May 29 – July 24, 2013 (NO CLASS JULY 3)
Ovient Sunnyvale Office (440 N. Wolfe Rd., Sunnyvale, CA 94085)
Other 2013 class dates:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, June 18 – August 15, 2013
- Mondays, September 9 – October 28, 2013
- Wednesdays, October 2 – November 20, 2013
Unlike traditional accent reduction or accent modification courses, this course will provide participants with a simple 3-step process to help them quickly reduce misunderstandings and improve the smoothness of their speech. All participants will receive the 100-page Accent Diet™: A Daily Program for Improving Your American English Pronunciation and access to Online learning materials to enhance practice between class sessions. Ovient will administer pre- and post-assessments with audio recordings on the first and last day of the course.
The course covers many topics, focusing on these specific skill areas:
- Speech rhythm and pausing
- Sound connections and linking
- Intonation and stress
- Discrete sounds
- Reducing speech noise
The class will meet for a total of 24 class hours. Only 10 participants per class. Ovient will administer pre- and post-assessments on the first and last day of the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your cancellation policy? Cancellation Policies:For individual coaching, we require payment in advance, and we do not offer refunds or exchanges. Individual coaching programs must be completed within 4 months of the start date. Participants may reschedule a coaching session as long as they request the change at least 24 hours in advance and complete the entire program by the completion date.For group classes offered at the Ovient Training Center, cancellations prior to the first day of class will be charged a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations after class has begun will be charged the full tuition. We do not offer refunds or exchanges. Ovient reserves the right to cancel the class at anytime due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances. If we need to cancel the class, you will be offered a full refund.For information on our cancellation and refund policy for our corporate training programs, please request a proposal by clicking here.
- Can you provide a certificate of completion for this course? For clients scoring above 85% on the post-test, we provide a Certificate of Mastery as well as a $100 discount coupon for a future Ovient course. For clients who score less than 85% on their post-test but attend all of the sessions, we provide a Certificate of Completion. The certificates can help you document your participation in the course for your own or your company’s records.
- What textbooks do you use? Most of the textbooks on the market today are designed for academic learners or are targeted toward lower-level speakers. We do not use these textbooks. Instead, through tens of thousands of training hours with executives and professionals throughout Silicon Valley, we have honed our methodologies and developed an extensive content database. Our course materials are based on this database and are constantly being updated to reflect trends in business and technology and emerging research in linguistic and training theory.
- Where are the classes held?All of our public courses and most of our individual coaching is held at our Sunnyvale Offices. The address is 440 N. Wolfe Rd., Sunnyvale, CA 94085. Click here for a map.Parking is free at our office.Corporate training is typically provided on-site at our clients’ offices. Individual coaching can also be provided on-site for an additional fee.
- How can I pay? Do you accept credit cards? We accept cash, checks, major credit cards, paypal, and bank transfers.