Ovient is Hiring!
Language Coach/Training Facilitator
Ovient empowers employees across the enterprise to communicate effectively and present with power. As a leading communication skills training provider, we serve Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies as well as startups in the information technology (software, hardware, and everything in between), professional services, biosciences, and healthcare industries throughout Silicon Valley. We provide training and communication skills support in three focus areas: presentations and public speaking, cross-cultural and interpersonal communication, and business English and accent reduction.
We are currently seeking highly-motivated individuals to deliver our business English and accent reduction (pronunciation) training programs at companies and to individual clients around Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. We have positions open in San Francisco, the Peninsula, the South Bay, Fremont, and the East Bay/Oakland.
Ovient’s Language Coaches/Training Facilitators deliver Ovient’s training programs in business English and accent reduction to groups and individuals, cultivate client relationships, and support the Ovient ecosystem by contributing original research or content to the Ovient blog, developing training materials for in-person or virtual training, and/or contributing to the publication of Ovient training materials and textbooks.
All positions are part-time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Master’s degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and/or proof of certification to teach ESL (English as a Second Language) obtained from a reputable institution (Exceptions made for applicants with in-depth, highly-applicable work experience.)
- 5+ years of experience teaching English as a Second Language to adults and/or business professionals (or similar experience)
- 5+ years working in a business or corporate environment, preferably in a multicultural environment (or similar experience)
- Strong facilitator skills, including the ability to encourage and sustain group discussions
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience giving presentations or leading training workshops
- Excellent writing, speaking, and English grammar skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint), experience using the iPad or similar device, and familiarity with web-based technologies/services such as Gmail, blogs, Meetup, etc.
- Specialized training or experience in areas of English language training such as grammar, pronunciation/accent development, writing, speaking, business communication, and/or cross-cultural communication is a strong plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, send us a brief summary of your experience using the form here. We will follow up with a request for a resume.