News and Events
- Did you know that we have a free Meetup group to support professionals and other Silicon Valley residents who speak English as a second language? The group has been active since 2009 and currently has more than 1150 members! It is one way we give back to the community that has supported us since Ovient was founded in 2006. Our next meetup is on Thursday, October 19, 2017.
- MORE PODCAST EPISODES!! We have just released several more Communication Snacks® Podcast episodes. Follow along here. We are now live on both iTunes and Google Play.
- We just completed back-to-back presentation workshops in Seattle. Congrats to our participants. You all worked very hard with tremendous results!
People sometimes ask us what sets our presentation training apart. Here’s our answer: Our 2-day intensive program goes far beyond presentation delivery and public speaking skills. We train you to build a compelling story, design your slides, prep on a moment’s notice for executive-level presentations, respond to high-pressure questions, and much more. We effect dynamic change in confidence, competence, and content. That’s what sets us apart.
- We are excited to announce our new podcast! Learn more here. Or, click here to view the podcast in iTunes.
- We were honored to speak to another group of entrepreneurs on the topic of executive presence and effective communication this month. Perhaps more than anyone, entrepreneurs know the importance of communication to success. We have worked with startups and entrepreneurs for more than 10 years. Watching these companies grow and succeed is extremely rewarding.
- It looks like communication is a hot topic in Mountain View. Books, Inc. in Mountain View, CA sold out of their stock of Communication Snacks for the third time! They just replenished their inventory, so feel free to drop by to get your copy today. Support your local book stores.
- We sold out our upcoming October accent seminar in record time. We will be adding a seminar in November. Check back or join our email list for updates.
- We are excited to have completed another book signing for our Communication Snacks: 52 Bite-Sized Communication Tips for the Busy Professional book at a client campus in San Jose last week. Contact us to learn how to bring a book talk and book signing to your campus.
- We are speaking to two university groups this month. We are also speaking to a group of international startup founders and entrepreneurs. Interested in bringing us in as a guest speaker at your event? Contact us here.
Communication Snacks Book Signing July 2017
Interest in our latest book, Communication Snacks: 52 Bite-Sized Communication Tips for the Busy Professional (Available here on Amazon), continues to grow. Read about our recent book signing events, book reviews, and the Silicon Valley bookstores carrying the book.
Professional Presentation Training: Did you know that we have trained hundreds of Silicon Valley professionals to present with power? We can help your team optimize the development and the delivery of your presentations. Contact us for more info.
Build and Deliver Effective Presentations
SOLD OUT! Our next One Day Intensive Silicon Valley Accent Reduction Seminar will be Friday, October 13, 2017. SOLD OUT!
We have added a Silicon Valley Accent Reduction Seminar to our November schedule. Learn more.
Ovient trains professionals to communicate effectively.
Ovient is a Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area) based training and consulting firm specializing in employee training and development related to communication skills, presentations, business English, and accent reduction. Our communication training services include:
- Presentation training
- Public speaking training
- Cross-cultural communication training
- Business English training
- Accent reduction and pronunciation training
440 N. Wolfe Rd.