If you use the Internet, you know our customers.
Since 2006, we have worked with Silicon Valley’s best and brightest. We’ve seen our client companies IPO. We’ve watched them build and launch products that shift how we live and experience the world. We’ve coached individuals as they’ve stepped into the C suite, as they’ve stepped onto the stage in front of thousands of people, and as they’ve stepped out on their own to build the companies of the future. Facing a communication challenge? Chances are, we have a solution for you.
Contact us here for more information.
Here’s a snapshot of just a few of our recent projects:
Coaching and Training Projects at Large Silicon Valley Companies
- Coached executive speakers at three major Internet companies for recent keynote speeches at industry events, including message development, presentation delivery, and stage presence.
- Delivered team workshops on audience empathy and working effectively with multicultural teams for a major technology company.
- Coached multiple C-suite executives in two cities for a major project launch in front of thousands.
- Coached executives in preparation for industry panel discussions.
- Completed a long-term, multi-year project including 200 executive coaching hours, 200+ training hours for other employees, and multiple seminars on presentations, public speaking, and other communication skills for a major Silicon Valley tech company.
- Completed a long-term, multi-year project including executive coaching, communication training, consulting services, and presentation/public speaking training for a major Silicon Valley imaging tech company.
- Provided 2-day Build and Deliver Effective Presentations workshops to client companies in New York City, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and New Jersey.
- Delivered workshops on effective written communication for a major e-commerce company and a major life sciences company.
Projects for Silicon Valley Startups
- Provided executive coaching services, marketing communications support, pitch development, and pitch coaching for a well-funded Silicon Valley startup.
- Coached startup founders at 5 different companies on executive presence, intercultural communication, and leadership communication.
- Provided investment pitch review and advisory services for multiple Silicon Valley startups across multiple industries.
- Trained multiple groups of international entrepreneurs in essential Silicon Valley communication skills at a Silicon-Valley-based tech accelerator.
- Delivered a 6-week Silicon Valley Communication Skills Bootcamp for Silicon Valley startup entrepreneurs and tech professionals.
- Coached a serial entrepreneur and angel investor for a panel discussion on “Startup Success Secrets – A Female Perspective” at a Bay Area technology conference.
Coaching for International Professionals
- Completed more than 20,000 hours of coaching for individuals and groups in business English, pronunciation/accent, vocabulary, and culture.
- Provided Intensive accent reduction/pronunciation workshops for major companies in the e-commerce, fintech, automotive tech, imaging tech, semiconductor, and other industries.
- Completed multi-year language and culture support programs for international transferees involving hundreds of employees at major Silicon Valley companies in the hardware, semiconductor, and network technology industries.
- Developed and delivered an innovative pronunciation/accent training program for a major healthcare firm.
- Contributed to programs for multiple universities including the Ball State University MBA program, Claremont McKenna College, Stanford University, Tecnologico de Monterrey, and San Francisco State University.
- Presented on Power and Confidence to Women in Technology groups in major tech companies in Silicon Valley and Seattle.
- Led a workshop titled “Speak with Confidence and Power” for the Women Who Kick Ass group in Mountain View, California.
- Spoke on various topics from our Communication Snacks book at technology companies around Silicon Valley and at Books, Inc. in Mountain View.
- Spoke on communication skills for servant leadership at a manager training program at a major e-commerce company.
- Wrote, produced, and published 40+ episodes for our CommunicationSnacks® podcast, reaching a global audience of tens of thousands.
- Wrote two books on communication, including Communication Snacks: 52 Bite-sized Communication Tips for the Busy Professional (2016) and The Accent Diet: A Daily Program for Improving Your American English Pronunciation (2013).
- Wrote, published, and distributed weekly CommunicationSnacks® training emails to hundreds of professionals in the US and abroad.
- Provided a monthly Silicon Valley trends report for a long-term client.
- Recorded voiceovers for various Silicon Valley software companies.
- Built and supported communication-related Meetup groups with more than 2000 members.
“The workshop was fantastic! Blythe shared so many great tips and tricks for communicating with confidence and strength. We often develop bad habits that downplay our ideas or make us appear less than, but Blythe encouraged us to trust ourselves and really own the ideas and value we bring to the table. The session was interactive and playful, and I left feeling empowered!”
“We are constantly astounded by the positive impact your sessions are having on our employees.”
“I would like to make this mandatory for every Manager/Lead.”
“This class would definitely help improve our employees’ communication skills, regardless of whether or not their role requires presenting. I know that a lot of people at this company could use this class.”
“It was a very interactive and informative seminar. Ovient definitely knows what they are doing. I’d recommend this seminar to anyone I know in a heartbeat!”
“The organizational methods for impromptu and unplanned speeches is very helpful in my day-to-day speaking tasks.”
“My spoken interactions with co-workers have absolutely improved. My phone conversations have gotten much better.”
“I’ve learned more in the last three months in my Ovient sessions than I have in the last 12 years of living in the U.S.”
“This is one of the most useful classes I’ve ever taken. We should introduce more classes like this that are very practical and applicable to everyday work.”
“I enjoyed the class very much. Fun & informative! Great job!”
“I can’t believe I was in training all day. It flew by!”
“I recommend Ovient because they offer to-the-point lessons. In my case, they improved my professional English skills such as presentations, cold calling, networking, and so on.”
“When I talk to patients, I use more pausing and stretching so patients can understand me easily and quickly. I don’t have to repeat and can have good conversations. Also, when I call MDs, they can catch my meaning.”
“It was a really good class. I learned so many great things that I did not know about and I wish I knew earlier. It has definitely made me more confident when I interact with people.”
“My boss indicated to me that the way I deliver my speeches has improved significantly.”
“Excellent class and great teaching methods. I learned pronunciation fundamentals, which were very revealing for me. Lots of time to practice!”
“The class really helped me identify my pronunciation problems and was very instructive. I feel it helped me improve a lot.”
“The instructor was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about pronunciation. The Web learning tool was impressive. I strongly recommend this class.”
“I was able to improve my pronunciation in a very short time because of this class.”
“You diagnosed my problems and gave me valuable tools and tips to work on my weaknesses. Thank you for all of your help.”